Saturday, May 11, 2013

Welcome Back Victoria; Busy Saturday Ahead

Happy Camper
I picked Victoria up at school around noon yesterday. Was there as the buses pulled up from Camp Seymour. Lots of tired-looking but very happy kids. Sounds like Camp was a huge success. Victoria definitely had fun. Some of the highlights she mentioned included holding a variety of reptiles (a turtle, some sort of lizard, and 3 snakes!) and bonding with her cabin-mates (learning camp songs, putting on a skit, night-time bunk chatter, etc.). Good, clean, 5th-grade fun!

Full day today. I just dropped Thomas and his friend Nicole at West Seattle Bowl. Thomas' AAU basketball team is hosting a bowl-a-thon fundraiser to help pay for their trip to Las Vegas in July for a basketball tournament. I'm sure he'll go 'hang out' with friends after - likely won't see him again until tonight - possibly tomorrow if he angles for a sleepover at one of his buddy's.

Matthew has a lacrosse game today - 2nd-to-last game of the year (I think). We play Bainbridge Island which, apparently, is a very good team.

Then Victoria and Matthew have an afternoon track meet. This is the 'qualifier' meet - you have to compete in this one to qualify for the championship. That means lots of kids competing. And that means a LONG track meet. I'm planning on 4-5 hours. I've volunteered to help with one of the field events, which I've never done before, but it should help pass the time. Fortunately, it looks to be a nice day.

Karri should be coming in the door any moment from her massage - an early Mother's Day surprise from the kids and me!

No comments: