Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cinco de Mayo (belatedly)

3 posts in 24 hours... I think I'm back.

Just a quick note (and a few pictures) about our celebration of Cinco de Mayo on Sunday. Our dear friends, Jana & Roy, who live just up the hill from us, invited us to their house for a small fiesta with a few other friends.

It was a gorgeous Spring day and Jana & Roy have an amazing view of the Puget Sound and the Fauntleroy/Vashon ferry - so I grabbed our camera as we headed out the door. I'm glad I did.

The view from the deck - ferry dock in the foreground, Olympic Mountains in the distance.
Ferry headed from Fauntleroy to Vashon Island
Cheers to my girls!
Love that view
Karri and Jana have known each other since their first mom's group when Thomas and Ellie (Jana & Roy's oldest) were 2 weeks old. The kids are 15 now - and classmates at Seattle Prep. We used to live around the corner from each other (still in West Seattle), but both moved about 13 years ago. Still neighbors... just a little further apart.
Jana and Karri
Roy loves to give Matthew a (good-spirited) hard time
Lifelong friends - Ellie & Thomas
Our friend Jim, whose wife, Amy (who was returning from a girls' weekend)
was also in the Mom's group (with daughter Shea) with Karri and Jana
Our friend Jon (his son Blake is same age as Thomas, Ellie and Shea)
Karri made fresh guacamole and salsa. Roy was pouring margaritas that went down way too easily on sunny, warm (82 degree) day. And Jana cooked up some delicious pork to go with fresh tortillas (you know how I love those!). It was a feast. What a great day!

No comments: