Monday, November 19, 2012

Sports Transition Weekend

There are a few times each year when the kids' sports seasons overlap. This weekend was one, as soccer is winding down and basketball is starting up.  Saturday was hectic with 2 soccer games (Matthew & Victoria), 1 basketball game (Victoria), and 1 basketball practice (Thomas). Sunday we were lucky to only have 1 basketball game (Matthew). Add to all that a parents' meeting for the freshman basketball team and an end-of-season party for Victoria's soccer team!

The only picture I got was just before the start of Victoria's game.  I need to get better about bringing the camera to these events.
Victoria (#3) and Emma before the start of the game
It wasn't all youth sports this weekend.  Karri and I went to a wine tasting (fundraiser) at Seattle Prep on Friday night. We saw a lot of friends and familiar faces and it was a really nice event. Saturday night was very low-key - everyone was tired, although Thomas had another babysitting gig.

Sunday we watched the Browns lose to Dallas in overtime - a rare 'treat' to get the Browns televised out here.  We usually have to go to the Browns Backers Club of Seattle to watch them (which the boys and I quite often do, with Tim & Eang). It was nice to watch them from home for a change. It reminded me of many fun Sundays watching them in Cleveland. The only odd part is that the games start at 10am. Instead of enjoying a beer or two, I was sipping coffee throughout the game... probably too much, as my heart was pounding during that 4th quarter and overtime. Guess I need to drink more responsibly.

Victoria also found time over the weekend to work on several puzzles.  Notice a theme here?
Puzzle-palooza
The kids were excited by the time Sunday night rolled around... looking forward to a short week of school.

No comments: