I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. A light, steady rain - the kind that is typical here in Seattle - usually helps me sleep more soundly. But not last night (Sunday). It was raining lightly when I went to bed, but really started to pour shortly after midnight. The rain was so heavy on our roof, skylights and windows that it woke me several times. It lasted through the morning and into the early afternoon. Weather.com says we had 3.5" of rain in the last 24 hours! That's insane.
To put that in perspective (I had to look this up), 1" of rain is equivalent to about 15" of dry-powder snow. So if it had been 15 degrees colder, we might have gotten 52" of snow in the last 24hrs.
Speaking of snow... I read today that Crystal Mountain - one of our favorite ski resorts, about 90min from Seattle - is opening on Wednesday. That storm really helped them, as their website says they've gotten more than 4' of snow since Saturday.
Karri spent part of Sunday afternoon getting all the kids ski and snowboard gear sorted out and taking an inventory of what still fits and what needs replacing. We did our part to boost the economy by shopping online at the REI Winter Sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment