Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Whacky Weather Week

I cut my grass this weekend for the first time this year. It was sunny and warm - definitely felt Spring-like.

Then Mother Nature decided to have some fun with Seattleites.

We had unusually heavy rains on Monday and Tuesday - the kind you hear pounding on your roof and windows. Today (Wednesday) - the first official day of Spring - started out cold and gray, but then turned sunny and started warming up. Next thing I noticed, the wind kicked up, the skies darkened, and torrential rain was falling at a 45 degree angle. Five minutes later, it was sunny again. That happened a few times, with sunshine eventually prevailing by late afternoon.

Around 6pm, I took Jack for a walk through Lincoln Park and down to the beach.

Waterfront path in Lincoln Park

Bright sun!
Now the local weather forecast says we may get SNOW tomorrow morning. I'm not banking on it, but if we do, that will be our first snowfall all year. Crazy. If, by chance, it does snow, it looks like it won't stick around for long. We're forecast to be in the 40's by mid-day.

Of course, the kids are hoping for a blizzard.

No comments: