Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Miscellany

We enjoyed another weekend of nice weather. It was great to be outside enjoying a bit of sun (when not inside watching March Madness). Hard to believe that fresh snow was falling on most of our relatives in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.

Conflicting sports schedules meant divide-and-conquer on Saturday. The results: 3 victories, 0 pictures. Sorry.

I took Victoria to her volleyball match in Sammamish - about a 40 minute drive east of our house. We spent more time getting to the gym than the entire match lasted. But it was fun. The girls played really well and won 2-0.

Karri took Matthew to his lacrosse game in Shoreline - about a 30-minute drive north. Sounds like we dominated an undersized team, 13-0 (I think). Matthew got his first goal of the season and really had fun.

Then we met back at the kids' school for Matthew's volleyball match. We missed the first game, but arrived in time for him to play most of the second game. Another 2-0 win.

Thomas has basketball practice on Saturday. Their first tournament isn't for 2 more weeks.

My nephew, Tim, and his wife, Eang, stayed with us last week. They are moving from an apartment to a rental house (both in West Seattle - close to our house) and the timing left them 'on the street' for a week. It was fun to have them here.

Tim got up Sunday morning and ran the Mercer Island half-marathon, got home a little before noon, showered, then headed over to unpack their new place. All this while I was barely on my 2nd cup of coffee! Ahh... youth.

Sunday afternoon, Karri and I took the boys to see 'The Life of Pi' (Victoria went to Tim & Eang's). We had wanted to catch it on a big screen, rather than watch it at home. I'm glad we did. The cinematography was really amazing. I enjoyed the story, though didn't love it. 3.5 stars (out of 5).

I also managed to cut my grass this weekend - 2nd time this year. Our yard looks it's best this time of year - reaping the benefits of all the Spring rain.
Blue sky, green grass
We leave Friday morning to spend Easter in beautiful San Diego with my in-laws. Always fun. We are anxious to see Donna (Mimi) and Bill (Pop-Pop).

No comments: