The Olympic Mountains were spectacular early in the day. The morning- and early-afternoon sun on the eastern-facing slopes is breathtaking on a clear day this time of year. Of course, I didn't get a photo so you have to take my word for it!
I did get out for a walk with Jack in the afternoon. Karri got home from work early and seized the opportunity to enjoy the nice weather. I still had a bunch of work to do, so stayed home to try to get it done. She took Victoria and a friend and Jack over to Lincoln Park and got in a great walk/run while the kids played. She came home and insisted I get out... which I did. I took Jack for a brisk walk through the park around 5:30pm. Glad I did...
![]() |
| Logs on the beach... Olympics in the distance |
![]() |
| Bare tree just before sunset |
Karri's had a tough stretch the last several weeks. Work has been crazier than usual and she's been battling a bad cold & sinus infection. About 2 weeks ago, she decided she needed to take matters into her own hands. Long story short... she and I fly to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico a week from today. We'll stay at her parents' condo on the beach, near Mismaloya. My nephew Tim and his wife Eang will stay with the kids on Saturday night. Karri's mom has generously agreed to come up on Sunday and stay with the kids until we return the following Thursday. We are so fortunate to have wonderful, generous family!
Needless to say, we can't wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment