Monday, June 3, 2013

Sunflower Sunday

Each year in 7th grade, the kids grow sunflowers from seed. They have a competition of sorts to help them figure out which growing conditions are optimal. After a couple weeks of nurturing, the tallest seedling plant gets declared the winner and the plants get sent home for planting. Turns out sunflowers do very well in our yard, so Victoria and I have had a tradition of planting seeds the last few Springs.

After 2 weekends of working in the yard and getting our beds (mostly) back under control, Victoria and I decided to plant the seeds on Sunday. Here are a couple shots from our successful planting 2 years ago...
Almost twice her size!
Great colors 
And here's Victoria planting this year's crop...

 
Sunflower girl!
I don't have much of a green thumb. Karri deserves most of the credit for keeping our yard colorful. 

Of course, we've got nothing on my cousin Ellen (who, by the way, helped provide the inspiration for me to start this blog nearly 9 months ago).

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Thanks Bill! Be sure and post pix when Victoria's sunflowers start to grow!