Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's about time

I created this blog 5 years ago and this is my first real post (not counting the obligatory 'hello world!' and a couple work-related tests that I subsequently deleted). Obviously I've been thinking about blogging for some time. I finally found inspiration to do something about it.

A couple months ago, my brother Bob tipped me off that two of my cousins have been blogging. I checked out their blogs and immediately got hooked. I read them almost daily now. Reading their blogs got me motivated to start my own. But a post I read today gave me the smack-upside-the-head I needed to make it happen (Thanks Ellen! And here you don't even know I've been reading your blog!).

I'm tempted to write down some ideas and goals about what I'll blog about and how frequently I'll post. But I don't know where this is going to go (and kind of like it that way) and setting goals seems risky given my track record with blogging. So, instead, I'm just going to wing it.

No comments: