Sunday, April 7, 2013

San Diego Trip - Part II

I had hoped to post a second update from San Diego, but never got around to it. We've been home for a few days (the rainy Seattle weather makes it seem longer), but I thought I'd write a quick wrap-up anyway. Lot's of pictures...

Easter Sunday started with our traditional egg hunt for the kids.

Not a bad setting for an egg hunt
Homemade Easter cookies... mmm.
Victoria and Pop-Pop
After the egg hunt and breakfast, Karri, the kids and I headed to the Mission San Diego de Alcala, (where Karri and I were married in 1994) for Easter mass. It was packed - we had to stand in the back - but we're glad we went. Afterward, we wandered around the grounds and took some pictures. It's a beautiful spot. 
In the courtyard
The not-so-newlyweds!
Front entrance to the church
From the Mission, we headed to Old Town San Diego - a restored, historic section of town with several original buildings, museums, period actors, dancers & performers, restaurants and more. We go to San Diego a lot, but rarely do touristy things. This was a fun way to spend a couple hours and grab a light lunch of delicious tacos. Afterward, we headed back to the ranch.

The rest of our week was spent at the ranch - never left until we headed to the airport on Wednesday. There's really no reason to, with so many fun things to do...
Taking in the views
Enjoying the sun poolside. That's Matthew doing an underwater hand-stand!
Climbing the rocks
Riding the go-cart
Hunting varmints
The kids all enjoy riding horses - and Pop-Pop loves sharing his passion for riding with them. 
Brushing Bo before a ride
Matthew on Chuck
Karri was able to get out for a nice long trail ride with her Dad on Monday. Donna & Bill went for a ride on Tuesday. And I even got in on the action... Bill and I went for a beautiful ride on Wednesday before we headed to the airport.
City slicker
We stopped for a couple 'blessings' along the way - in honor of Grandpa Johnny - Donna's dad who got Bill into riding
Heading home: You can just barely make out Donna & Bill's place in the distance - on the hill in the center of the picture
All-in-all it was a great visit - as always! We are so fortunate to be able to enjoy Donna & Bill's beautiful home and amazing hospitality.

No comments: